Thursday, October 19, 2006

And so i am, living a life of a lone wanderer. Free and boundless, no restrictions and no limitations. I experience mixed emotions and thoughts; at times, I enjoy the peace and quiet of my own personal space I have all to myself. At times, i feel empty and sad. These are the ups and downs of life. A man should look ahead and not allow himself to be buried within his own past. The past is over. The future is not for us to see. What is important is now. The present is all that is crucial.

So i shall talk bout today. I got back my 5000 word chinese term paper done all by myself. It was great, though i got a B+, considering that i done it over a week, with such short period of time, a B+ i would say is a excellent grade that you can expect. Life science still sucks as before. I have thought of what i would like to do for my future. This time, it is something for certain, not just something i said out of impulse. After getting my life science degree, i would apply for NIE and be a teacher. The bond is 3 years, enough time for me to earn the cash for my dream to come true. I would fly to the States to pursue a post-graduate studies in chinese history to get my PHD. I would like to come back to join NUS and further my research and teaching in this field. Its a tough path, one that will take a long time and lots of perserverance to carry on, but I am willing to embark on this road that i have chosen. By the time i come back, i will a 30 year old bachelor, probably.

No comments: