Monday, August 27, 2007

There are moments in school which i enjoy. Students have left. Activity diminished to almost nothingness. The evening is always enjoyable, the time which nothing would rush me to leave. I take my time and stroll around to appreciate the tranquility and moment of peace. The school can be peaceful indeed. I can hear the gush of water into the pond. Although it is artificial, I could care less that it is so. I close my eyes and listen with my heart. My heart felt peace. I look at the greens and although it can be no greater than the botanical gardens, i couldn't care less. It is beautiful in it own way. Within the school, this artificial and cold builiding, I should be glad that there is still that trace of nature lurking somewhere. I am a lover of Dao, yet i have not attain the dao. They say that those who do will find peace even in busy cities. They are unaffected by the environment and still be at ease in their heart. When the students make noise, my heart is disturbed and can't find the peace. Only when there is quietness, that i can feel tranquility. Alas, this is better than those who do not know where to find peace. I have a friend who is extremely upset about the fact that he needs to re-format his computer. The lost of important files is so painful to him. Yet, i re-format my computer with little concern at all. Losing the pictures means nothing to me. To be free, yes....... that's what it is all about.

No comments: