Sunday, February 03, 2008

Acute bronchitis


To claim that I'm allergic to student is an overstatement. I'm prone to coughing, since young. But to be in a position of a teacher, just expose myself to more chances of chronic coughing since I need to project my voice. But as a student, i cough for the slightest reasons, drinking from water-cooler, drinking cold drinks and well, you understand my point. I'm just vulnerable to bacteria infection in my upper respiratory tract, which in short URTI. But infection can spread downwards and you call that bronchitis. I'm currently diagnosed with acute bronchitis but don't let the name mislead you into thinking its something really bad. It is.....annoying and heavy coughing but its not as serious as TB or pneumonia. Just coughing cause by bacteria that may take up to 3 to 4 weeks to recover. Yupz, and my doc prescribed me a damn heavy dose of antibiotic which behave like a nuclear warhead. It wipes out every single thing in path and my poor body is gonna take up serious damage from that. But there is no sign that my cough's getting any better. Acute bronchitis is unpleasant in this sense that you can't expect to see yourself improving even if the bacteria's not there anymore. I suppose the inflammation takes a much longer time to recover. Well, I still hope that I can get better and in time for the CNY festive season. Other wise, I will be sitting in a corner drooling at the goodies but can't have a bite of my own. That will be so tantalising..........

No comments: