Thursday, January 31, 2008

I have went for countless interviews, but I tend to overstated my figures. Anything above 4 is like countless to me. Anyway, yes I have went for countless interviews, to the extent that it is effortless. I used to make preparations and write scripts for my interviews. But the questions do not vary much for the different interviews and I will end up giving most or less the same kind of answer. I went for the NLB interview last week. I went for another one at ASTAR yesterday. All is left for me is to wait for an answer from them. However, out of the 2 options, i am more keen to take up the NLB post. The reason is clear. I am no longer a Science person. I'm a Arts person. I spent my spare time reading great literary works from old novels like "Romance of three kingdoms" to works 鲁迅(Lu Xun) nowadays. I chance upon secondary school texts in schools and I teared when i read the touching essays in the book. It is funny that the emotional sensation has changed. When I was a secondary school student, the chinese textbook left me unfazed. Now, i feel it in those stories. I'm feeling the story, not just simply reading it. I love reading this much. What better way to express my love for Chinese than to be engaged in a profession that allows me to work with books.

It will be fulfiling to me, through my efforts, that people start to aprreciate Chinese and stop having the wrong attitude towards Chinese. Chinese is not a tool for people to do business in China. That is just superficial. My own experience tells me that the love for the language is nurtured without conscious effort through the exposure to the different aspects of the chinese culture. It comes in a package, and one thing inevitably leads to another. I look forward to the day that I become a librarian.

No comments: