Thursday, August 28, 2008

And so I come into contact with another person who numbs herself with being busy. I'm not too convinced that this is the right way of life. Not that she whines about loneliness has to do with that but I decided to give it a little thought and ponder about the kind of life most ideal. I don't think its a overstatement to say that people keep themselves busy so that they don't feel bored. And then that boredom could have a lot to do with loneliness though they are two different things.

Tried and tested, I realise something lacking in a lifestyle like this. I recollect the moments in NUS, that I decided to make full use of my time by getting myself into one busy man. 6 modules in one sem, 2 tuition assignments to go along with this delicious menu of no time to myself. Y? Because I got nothing to do with the time I have for myself! It's a good way to drain yourself so that you stop thinking bout loneliness. It cures the symptoms but not the disease. At the end of the day, you will be damned tired so that you won't even have time for any negative thoughts. But looking back, there is some sense of lost and disorientation. What was that all for? I asked myself. I don't think I was satisfied at anything at the end of the day. I wasn't particularly exhilarated or anything. I don't think I feel the rewards from it. One sem felt like half a sem, that's just how it feels. I wonder is that how life should be?

So I have learnt that life is not about keeping yourself occupied for the sake of keeping yourself occupied. And I have realised that work is not the solution to happiness too. Toiling all day long is not the way of life. Work life and personal life balance is crucial. Those who commit too much time to work seems to me not an ideal kind of life. Those who enjoy too much and not committed to work is not having a right life style too. Its about finding the right balance.

No comments: