Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The importance of having more than one computer

As much as I thought, computers are not as incredible as it seems to be. The promise to deliver is to be not taken for granted. Computers are invented by humans, and how far can it go with that in mind? Humans make mistakes too, and we should be more forgiving to computers.

Always have a back-up, this is one valuable lesson not to be forgotten. With one desktop and a laptop, a office PC, external hardrive and a thumbdrive, things should go pretty well.

My home desktop keeps displaying the CMOS at start-up. The time and date gets reset everytime I shut down my computer. My internet browser turns nasty and mean, displaying a window saying that the certificate of the website is outdated and denies my access. When did the culture of Singaporeans reverence for certification qualification became so pervasive? Even IE 7 is demanding for certificates nowadays! I think the site only has up to O-level, that's why I can't access. That is a great insult to MSN messenger mail. It is one of the many sites that pops up the irritating obstruction.

My virus scans detects a vital software as a virus, a crime as heinous as calling a guy who just done llife-saving CPR on you a leacher.

Owing to computers, we have new job opportunities for maintainence, making sure it works all well and runs smooth.

Remember to extend your warranty on computer products to 3 yrs instead of one. Saves you lots of trouble to buy a new one every year!

No comments: