Saturday, November 08, 2008

Until recently, yes, I highlight that it was at such a late phase of life, that I have a taste and experience of what happens behind closed door, closed doors of the chitty-chatty among the lovely ladies.

One thing that I'm aware of, is of how girls talk much more than guys. The fascinating discovery of the variety of conversational topics is as great as Fleming's discovery of penicillin to me.

We guys, I mean among my guy friends, our rather constricted scope of small talk, will revolve around how Ronaldo dribbles and scores. Our faces slapped with disappoinment, as we talk about another major upset, Arsenal losing to Stoke City. Then there will be a moment of silence, as we slip down our favourite ale. Oh yes, german light brew is soothing, try brewerkz too, they have got great beer. Guys like me need a moment of silence, where we get to enjoy just being out there, in a pub, drinking. We can't talk all the time, filling every single minute, every single second. Enough of the chat, let me savour my tantalizing ale, please.

I have every reason to believe that our right hemisphere of the brain, involved in speech, is not as developed our female counter-parts. I look at the econ-mini mart auntie at the void deck next block. And she becomes my criteria to judge how gossipy a women can be. In her forties, with her black framed glasses, everything seems to be be interesting to talk about. One thing, she's got a big mouth, i mean literally, like Mo Xiao Ling. So big mouth really carries that negative connoctation, as in a big mouth person, is really "big mouthed". Everytime I see a person who fits the econ auntie, the bearing and her appearance, I can safely conclude that they are of the same class of elites.

Our dearest female counterparts possess such acute observational skills and verbal capacity to talk at such details. I admire such talents, sincerely from the bottom of my heart. Their eye catch such fine details that would have escaped my eye, and they actually remembered it. Recollecting the event itself seems like it happened a few mins ago, even if it could have been a couple of months. Ask them to write a book, I think no problem on that.

Scientists should develop that acumen too, for them to make more interesting discovery. Such fine skills could take me a life-time to perfect.

No comments: