Wednesday, January 30, 2008

King of Canto Pop

Sam Hui's holding a concert in Singapore on March. I doubt anyone of my age listens to his songs anymore. He may be an icon of the past but that does not devalue his songs. I find his songs to be nice and funny most of the times. The humour is in his lyrics, listen closely and you might realise how true his words reflect reality, at the same time laugh at how he cleverly pokes fun at the harsh world of cold cash devoid of the human touch of love. i won't want to miss the chance to listen to his songs live. Sam Hui's work is timeless and not something to be dismissed off. I wonder who can appreciate it with me. Hope I can find company, its too miserable to go on my own. Just check out this sistic website about the concert.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?dt.isPortletRequest=true&dt.action=process&dt.provider=PortletWindowProcessChannel&dt.windowProvider.targetPortletChannel=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar/Event&dt.containerName=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar&dt.windowProvider.currentChannelMode=VIEW&dt.window.portletAction=RENDER&contentCode=sam0308

No comments: