Saturday, November 03, 2007

I sprain my neck. I had never sprain my neck before. I had a chilling pain when i was tossing in bed this morning. I couldn't sleep any more with that excruciating pain everytime i move my head. My movement is restricted. It hurts if I try to move my head to the right or try to move down. I try to keep very still but there is still a slight pain. The pain gets bad once I turn my head to those directions. I must have hurt myself with my bad sleeping posture. I had slept in that bed for more than 5 years with the same posture. What gone wrong this time that I hurt myself? This is one incident that logical thinking and reasoning leads me to nowhere near the truth or answer.

Last nite, I met up with my friend. She's the 2nd person that I know whom quit her job. It made me see the trend of impermanent jobs. Employees do not stick to their job long once they find it to their dislike. I don't feel that guilty anymore for not giving myself more time at teaching. Out of the blue, my tuition kid sms last nite. He was concerned and disappointed to hear that I am going to quit teaching. I appreciate his thoughtfulness and concern. I did a damn fine job of nurturing him to be such a sensitive and empathetic boy. Though my mind is set, his sms made me to think through the issue once again. I'm able to influence him somehow that he could see the potential in me to be a teacher. I think I can but not the whole class of 40 students. I'm willing to render my service to people, at a personal level. That's where my strength lies. One to one tuition is workable, not teaching the whole class. To me, class setting becomes impersonal. I can't help or interact at the personal level, rather I had to handle the students as an entire unit.


I must leave.

No comments: