Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I walked along the streets and the roads. People walk and past, probably oblivious of my existence. Who am I to evoke a response from them. I do not know them. They do not know me.

In a group of so called friends, the quiet one is ignored and cease to exist. Who understood what is going on? They were only polite to wait for their turn to speak, but it never comes to them. They are just being nice, but they get pushed over for the abstinence to join in the nonsense and gab. Silence is only external. Inside, many things are going on.

Extroversion is worshipped and praised for its explicit showcase of the gift. They speak and they exhibit their authority. Their words charm and people follow. Leaders are remembered but what about their men? What happen to the soft side, the peace-loving nature of introversion. Those who can be emphathetic and provide a listening ear. Those who cooperate and don't complain or defy. As far as I am concerned, I have never felt that introversion is appreciated. Must one speak aloud and bent people into listening, must one always lead. Can I just follow?I just want to listen, not speak......

No comments: