Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nothing much to do, I walk around in class to talk to the students. I love that more than teaching. Teaching is so dry to me...so boring....so lethargic to teach science on a class level. I still prefer one-to-one tuition, where things can progress more on a personal level. Its hard to understand 40 students at one go and to understand one student whom you face for 1.5hrs during the tuition session. In class teaching, I always feel a big gap.....though physically I'm there, but deep down, I feel very far from the students, I can feel the void and distance... and I'm unable to fill up that distance. I don't know y... and I dont noe how. I like to talk cock with students. But i noe i can't do it during my lesson. Post-exam period is the most conducive period of time to talk cock with the students. One of the students asked me whether i got girlfriend. Well, the answer is no. She replied that she have a boyfriend.

"You shouldn't try to have a relationship",

"y not, teacher",

"because you will end up being hurt at the end of the day. Can you cope with that?"

Bitter-sweet.... it can be really sweet, during that very instant, you will have thought that the very reason you live in this world is to find this special person and live with her forever and for eternity. She is everything you ever needed. Yet it can be so bitter, that you wish that you would just die off so that you won't have to suffer like that anymore.

I have moved on. And i'm not sure, at times, whether i can cope with another heart-wreaking matter of such. No one likes to live in misery, no one likes to get hurt, but I think that we shoudn't run away and escape from that glimpse of happiness just for the fear of that. It's about being strong to handle that. In life, you toughen yourself up, step by step, no matter how small each step is. Running away from a obstacle will never do you good. Somehow, you will run into that same situation again. When you are in that situation, r u ready to face it? R u able to learn from it despite the dissappoinment, pick youself up, move on, and face it again? Some chose not to, but I know We ALL CAN. But kids at that age..... I noe they are not ready yet. They don't noe so many things..... which we do noe..... They are not ready yet.

No comments: